HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Economy & Education » Education (Group) » This message was self-del...

Sun Feb 26, 2012, 11:19 PM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (NYC_SKP) on Sun Feb 26, 2012, 08:07 PM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

4 replies, 1903 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply This message was self-deleted by its author (Original post)
NYC_SKP Feb 2012 OP
mzteris Feb 2012 #1
NYC_SKP Feb 2012 #2
Sancho Feb 2012 #3
Lifelong Protester Feb 2012 #4

Response to NYC_SKP (Original post)

Sun Feb 26, 2012, 11:33 PM

1. Don't know how this works really

Dont even know who the "host" is. How does one know? Is it listed somewhere? I know someone who said they wanted to host when I t first opened that I would strongly oppose.

I don't know why they call this education when it seems that only teachers are allowed to have an opinion without getting totally blasted. I've basically given up on it. Hell I've practically given up on this whole place the way it's been going lately....

But if I get to vote on the three you named it would be mopinko or randysf.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mzteris (Reply #1)

Sun Feb 26, 2012, 11:37 PM

2. On the main page of any forum, click on "about this group" or "about this forum"...

And for education, you'll see this:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=about&forum=1124

I'm not sure either about how to elect a new host but someone in H&M suggested starting a thread calling for an election.

It could, of course, be the wrong way to do it.

Thank you for expressing a preference toward two of the three candidates!

Mon Feb 27, 2012, 12:03 AM

3. I would disagree that we need a new host

The current host is knowledgeable of the group content and discussions. The purpose of a group as a subset of DU discussions is always subject to host decisions - but posters can always go outside the group to general forums if they desire.

I don't think a debate over one thread requires changing hosts. If so, all of the proposed hosts would face replacement every day.

Mon Feb 27, 2012, 12:04 AM

4. So what happened to cause this?

I have no quarrel (that I know of) with the listed current host nor any of the folks you list. I am a teacher and administrator, and haven't had any trouble in this group. What am I missing?