HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Frugal and Energy Efficient Living (Group) » Free upcycle mittens and ...

Sun Oct 6, 2013, 09:30 PM

Free upcycle mittens and pattern.

I saw these type of mittens yesterday at a craft bazaar and bought a pair for $25. Love them. Just had to find a similar pattern to make some more for free out of old sweaters.

http://makeanddogirl.com/2012/01/guest-tutorial-felted-sweater-mittens/

3 replies, 2918 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Free upcycle mittens and pattern. (Original post)
pengillian101 Oct 2013 OP
Curmudgeoness Oct 2013 #1
pengillian101 Oct 2013 #2
Curmudgeoness Oct 2013 #3

Response to pengillian101 (Original post)

Mon Oct 7, 2013, 10:15 AM

1. I really do love crafty people

and enjoy seeing what can be done with old items. But that looks like too much work for me. I suppose if I had a bunch of kids, or if I needed a lot of small gifts for people, I might feel differently...but I think that, personally, I would rather just pay the $25 (which sounds extreme for mittens to me, until I see what a pain in the butt they are to make).

Maybe I should clarify....I would rather pay under $10 for mittens, or $1 at the thrift shop, but they would not be so cute.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Curmudgeoness (Reply #1)

Mon Oct 14, 2013, 11:46 PM

2. That was exactly my thinking!

In my younger days I would have just made them myself - nowadays I'm happy to pay for someone else's time and talent to make them.

They are sooo cozy warm

Reply to this post

Response to pengillian101 (Reply #2)

Tue Oct 15, 2013, 07:25 PM

3. I should watch what I say

since I have dug out the yarn and crochet hooks. There was a festival in our town, and the organizers did an artsy project where they decorated all the light poles with what I call sweaters. And I thought it looked so cool that I am going to make one for my electric pole that is on my property. Sigh.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread