HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Environment & Energy » Vegetarian, Vegan and Animal Rights (Group) » 'Blackfish' Creators Chal...

Mon Jan 27, 2014, 12:22 PM

'Blackfish' Creators Challenge SeaWorld to Open Debate

From Ring of Fire:

The director of the SeaWorld exposé, documentary film Blackfish, issued a challenge to the multi-billion dollar corporation. Director Gabriela Cowperthwaite asked SeaWorld to engage in a debate over issues addressed in the film after the company released a statement claiming the film is “propaganda” and untrue.

“As we have always maintained, we welcome an open and honest discussion with SeaWorld,” her statement on The Dodo says. “Unfortunately, Sea World’s business model is built on an antiquated form of animal entertainment which is dwindling in popularity and is no longer seen as humane by many people.”

You can read the full article here at Ring of Fire.

2 replies, 1049 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Blackfish' Creators Challenge SeaWorld to Open Debate (Original post)
GoLeft TV Jan 2014 OP
Ezlivin Jan 2014 #1
flvegan Jan 2014 #2

Response to GoLeft TV (Original post)

Mon Jan 27, 2014, 01:18 PM

1. The movie ended any debate with me

SeaWorld and the rest of the so-called aquatic parks are dead to me.

I'll tell anyone who mentions going that they should watch "Blackfish" before leaving.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to GoLeft TV (Original post)

Mon Jan 27, 2014, 07:59 PM

2. I'd pay to see that.

And if the SeaWorld pimps lose or can't disprove the "propaganda" they have to somehow arrange a better life (either wild or in captivity for those that can't return) for the animals in their care.

Never. Gonna. Happen.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread