HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » LGBT (Group) » If New York's walls could...

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 02:16 PM

If New York's walls could talk, they would probably say something gay.

Hundreds of people came together outside New York City's Stonewall Inn on Christopher Street last night. As the epicenter of the modern gay rights movement, Stonewall and its surrounding streets and pubs, including the equally influential Julius', are natural meeting places for moments of LGBT celebration. What were once secretive haunts are inviting in the evening news, as Stonewall did last night. But there's no shortage of other significant, historic gay spaces in the Big Apple.

http://www.out.com/entertainment/popnography/2013/06/27/where-edie-met-thea-and-other-new-york-city-lgbt-landmarks

Theres a PDF at the link from the Landmarks Preservation Commission thats really filled with a lot. It's worth getting.

3 replies, 723 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply If New York's walls could talk, they would probably say something gay. (Original post)
William769 Jun 2013 OP
hrmjustin Jun 2013 #1
William769 Jun 2013 #2
hrmjustin Jun 2013 #3

Response to William769 (Original post)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 02:22 PM

1. I was think of going yesterday but I hate crowds and it is so hard to get a drink in there

when it is crowded.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hrmjustin (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 02:23 PM

2. Thats what flasks are for.

Reply to this post

Response to William769 (Reply #2)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 02:25 PM

3. LOl good point!

I would have gone to the German place a few blocks away to get a liter or two of beer.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread