HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Health (Group) » TAU Scientists Print Firs...

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 10:51 PM

TAU Scientists Print First 3D Heart Using Patient's Own Cells and Materials

https://www.aftau.org/weblog-medicine--health?&storyid4704=2446&ncs4704=3
TAU Scientists Print First 3D Heart Using Patient’s Own Cells and Materials

Monday, April 15, 2019 9:00:00 AM

Engineered heart completely matches the immunological, cellular, biochemical and anatomical properties of the patient

A 3D-printed, small-scaled human heart engineered from the patient's own materials and cells. Credit: Advanced Science. © 2019 The Authors.

In a major medical breakthrough, Tel Aviv University researchers have "printed" the world's first 3D vascularised engineered heart using a patient's own cells and biological materials. Their findings were published on April 15 in a study in Advanced Science.

Until now, scientists in regenerative medicine — a field positioned at the crossroads of biology and technology — have been successful in printing only simple tissues without blood vessels.

"This is the first time anyone anywhere has successfully engineered and printed an entire heart replete with cells, blood vessels, ventricles and chambers," says Prof. Tal Dvir of TAU's School of Molecular Cell Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology and Sagol Center for Regenerative Biotechnology, who led the research for the study.

…
http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/advs.201900344

3 replies, 806 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply TAU Scientists Print First 3D Heart Using Patient's Own Cells and Materials (Original post)
OKIsItJustMe Apr 2019 OP
Progressive2020 Apr 2019 #1
Control-Z Apr 2019 #2
chahin1982 Apr 2019 #3

Response to OKIsItJustMe (Original post)

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 10:54 PM

1. Sounds Great

The next step is to get one that works In Vivo, which is the big test. Regenerative Medicine is the future.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to OKIsItJustMe (Original post)

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 11:07 PM

2. I hope the earth lives long enough

for all these great discoveries!! There have been so many lately, most in infant form still. I'm afraid we'll walk right past each other and not be able to do anything about it.

Reply to this post

Response to Control-Z (Reply #2)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 02:17 AM

3. TAU Scientists Print First 3D Heart Using Patient's Own Cells and Materials

I hope that this method will be disseminated in all countries. Especially those suffering from heart attacks, in order to obtain satisfactory results for the development of science

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread