HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » Netflix, Streaming Videos & DVDs (Group) » Titanic:Blood and Steel

Sat Jun 1, 2013, 01:38 PM

Titanic:Blood and Steel

This is a 12 episode series, not about the voyage, but about the life and times of those people in Belfast, Ireland in that period leading to the commissioning of the Titanic. I finished 8 episodes, and we're still looking for more! Nicely done and the story is always varied due to problems with labor, religion and romance.

6 replies, 3481 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Titanic:Blood and Steel (Original post)
dmosh42 Jun 2013 OP
Merlot Jun 2013 #1
Howler Jun 2013 #2
KoKo Jul 2013 #3
KoKo Jul 2013 #4
PatSeg Jul 2013 #5
KoKo Aug 2013 #6

Response to dmosh42 (Original post)

Sat Jun 1, 2013, 10:44 PM

1. It's in the que - thanks!

I've got a few more episodes of "The Killing" to finish. That show has me on the edge of my seat, will be nice to have something lighter.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Jun 2, 2013, 01:54 PM

2. LOVED this series!!!

Great Cast, Writing, I Love the way the story of the workers rights really resonates with the present too.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 19, 2013, 08:24 PM

3. Thanks...Will Check Out!

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 19, 2013, 10:04 PM

4. Okay...just finished Episode I...and I'm Hooked!

It's really interesting and well done...for many reasons. Fit's with my mood as a Progressive Democrat about the portrayal of worker's rights vs. corporate interest counterpoints. But, think it's also well done for the portrayal of the major funders of the project like JP Morgan and others who were building their Dream Competition to Cunard Lines.

Many here would find it fascinating for the process of the building of the Titantic and what might have gone wrong in the Mechanics of the Construction of it that caused it's demise.

I think many DU'ers would like this movie because of how well produced it is.

Many Thanks!

Reply to this post

Sat Jul 20, 2013, 10:42 AM

5. Thanks, I hadn't heard of this one

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 2, 2013, 09:27 PM

6. I finished it and it was an excellent watch for the acting quality and the issues

the movie addresses.

I was left hanging at the end though...and think they must be going to do a continuation...but there's no information at the end saying that there will be a Part II.

Still...I liked it for what it was. You don't see that kind of acting much these days. A lot of care and detail went into crafting the series. If they can continue it ...I think it would get a bigger audience than Downton Abby...because the issues it addresses are so Timely, these days.

Hope folks will check it out.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread