HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » Netflix, Streaming Videos & DVDs (Group) » just a shameless plug ......

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 03:03 PM

just a shameless plug ....

many, many years ago my spouse and i became fans of shameless. it had a run in the usa on the sundance channel and then they stopped carrying it.

so some producers in the usa make an american version for showtime. we watched the first episode and said fuggetabowdit.

well i am happy to say that netflix now has shameless ... the uk version ... on streaming. 9 seasons (they are starting season 11 in the uk and it will be the end of the show)

i highly recommend the uk version. we are picking up where sundance left off and loving it. we watch 1 episode each night and have many weeks of enjoyment in store for us.

4 replies, 1219 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply just a shameless plug .... (Original post)
MichaelSoE Jun 2013 OP
cbayer Jun 2013 #1
Merlot Jun 2013 #2
MichaelSoE Jun 2013 #3
Duer 157099 Jul 2013 #4

Response to MichaelSoE (Original post)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 03:23 PM

1. We loved it. It's hilarious, though sometimes hard for me to understand.

Fortunately, husband is from the UK and can translate for me, lol.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 11:30 PM

2. Watched the first 2 episodes...

It was just to depressing for me...I usually like this type of show but found it more sad than funny.

Reply to this post

Response to Merlot (Reply #2)

Fri Jun 28, 2013, 07:01 AM

3. yes it is sad ... i think that they throw the humor in to keep one from crying

i don't believe it was meant to be a sitcom but rather a commentary on the struggles of life.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 14, 2013, 04:19 PM

4. Have started watching the UK version, after seeing all seasons of the US version

I thought I liked the US version until I watched the UK version. SO much better. Frank is so much more authentic, even though I love Macy in this role. Certain things were translated literally and it didn't make sense in a Chicago setting, imho. Manchester, absolutely.

The only character in the US version that I really prefer is Sheila. Wish she had been in the UK one (Cusack). I also have grown fond of the US Lip but the UK one is growing on me.

Would have liked to see the actor that played the UK Liam get to play more than just two seasons though.

And I really LOVE the UK Steve, much more than the US one.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread