HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Addiction & Recovery (Group) » A trick to almost instant...

Thu Apr 7, 2016, 09:24 AM

A trick to almost instantly stop your computer session...it is easy, won't hurt, and works

Let's say you are stuck on the computer..and go from site to site. from forum to forum..from reading one sentence to reading another......How can one stop, ?????????quickly,,,,easily....without pain....and definitely won't hurt oneself......

You want to leave,,,but can't.....what do you do????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It is so easy..that I didn't believe it...........???

Just .....CLOSE YOUR EYES..COUNT TO TEN...THEN..TURN IT OFF

I have discovered that the light signals from the computer...for me...are addictive..
.by simply closing the eyes...the signals stop...the brain calms down just enough...to turn it off, or put it into a sleep mode..then walk away....

3 replies, 1244 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply A trick to almost instantly stop your computer session...it is easy, won't hurt, and works (Original post)
Stuart G Apr 2016 OP
Jemmons Apr 2016 #1
tg Apr 2016 #2
Stuart G Apr 2016 #3

Response to Stuart G (Original post)

Thu Apr 7, 2016, 10:58 AM

1. Controlling the flow of attention is key to any and all kinds of self control

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Stuart G (Original post)

Thu Apr 7, 2016, 06:07 PM

2. Thank you

Reply to this post

Response to tg (Reply #2)

Thu Apr 7, 2016, 07:15 PM

3. Welcome to Democratic Underground ...tg..

also..welcome to this group..best wishes each day..as it has been said..........

One Day at A Time.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread