HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Addiction & Recovery (Group) » In the lounge..there is a...

Fri Nov 2, 2018, 06:19 PM

In the lounge..there is a video... James Corden with Barbra Streisand....

The two are driving around..talking about this and that...start talking about being "nervous"
so James says to Barbara, "What do you say to yourself before you go on stage?" Since Barbara had said she was "nervous and didn't want to disappoint people with her performance"....

.................and then Barbara says ..... at 5:32 into video............."Let Go and Let God"

now, I don't know a thing about Barbara Streisand...not a thing.....other than she is a great singer and performer...

But I do know where I picked up......."Let Go and Let God." Good to see that it is used for many purposes..

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181142615

3 replies, 602 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply In the lounge..there is a video... James Corden with Barbra Streisand.... (Original post)
Stuart G Nov 2018 OP
YOHABLO Nov 2018 #1
Stuart G Nov 2018 #2
Eliot Rosewater Dec 2018 #3

Response to Stuart G (Original post)

Fri Nov 2, 2018, 06:37 PM

1. 12 step program?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to YOHABLO (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 2, 2018, 06:41 PM

2. That is where I heard it, Don't know anything about Barbara being in any 12 step program.

This is a very common expression. She might have gotten it from someone in such a program..or..
maybe at some time she was in one...Or maybe she just heard it and started using it..with no reference..

But I do not know anything about her that would prove one way or another..

I just posted it for the coincidence..that is all. We use it a lot in 12 step programs

Reply to this post

Response to Stuart G (Reply #2)

Tue Dec 25, 2018, 02:39 PM

3. Yes it is a 12 step phrase but also will hear it from Oprah, Maya Angelou, etc.

I somehow till just now did NOT know this forum existed here.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread