HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Addiction & Recovery (Group) » Found this wandering arou...

Sun Mar 31, 2019, 08:42 AM

Found this wandering around the internets

ellie (@holy_schnitt) Tweeted:
my sober brain: I'm independent, I don't need a man, I'm living my best life, being single? amazing. Iconic.
my drunk brain: *choking back tears* I just want to hold somebody's FUCKING hand

So many things to unpack here, I've been musing on & journaling about from this tweet & thought this last week; the loneliness, drinking to numb, then 'opening to' feelings, the suprising to me amount of alcohol in young female cultures, dropping so personal a thought for thousands and thousands. There is really amazing things floating around about addictive actions without seeing them as maladaptive function resonses and choices.

3 replies, 603 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Found this wandering around the internets (Original post)
irisblue Mar 2019 OP
JayhawkSD Mar 2019 #1
irisblue Mar 2019 #2
Stuart G Apr 2019 #3

Response to irisblue (Original post)

Sun Mar 31, 2019, 10:27 AM

1. I REALLY enjoyed your thoughts.

They were a bit incoherent, actually, but I understood you completely.

I had a wonderful laugh of the variety of, "They laugh at memories that would make lesser souls cringe in useless remorse."

I had been sober a bit over ten years when I met the woman who is now my wife. A relationship was the last thing on my mind at that point, but two years later I was married to her. That was 28 years ago, and is one of the two best things I ever did. You know what the other one was.

Life is a journey, and the joy is in the journey itself.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JayhawkSD (Reply #1)

Sun Mar 31, 2019, 10:40 AM

2. The journaling does help with the incoherence.

So does 2 mugs of coffee b/4 posting. I'd only had 1.

1 thing that jumped out, the sheer amount of alcohol consumption in young female contemporary popular culture. Wine as "Mommy Juice?".

Reply to this post

Response to irisblue (Original post)

Mon Apr 1, 2019, 06:16 PM

3. Thank You for sharing this. K and R

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread