HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Mental Health Support (Group) » Roller coaster ride

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 08:35 AM

Roller coaster ride

Not the fun kind at the amusement park, but the up and down journey with an adult child with mental illness. I am doing the best I can. It's a long and winding road. I don't have all the answers. I will never claim to. Some days are better than others. But I have to check myself. I don't want to walk on eggshells. I don't want to hold back. I refuse to deny. I won't lecture or judge. But I have to take an open and honest inventory. I know my strengths and continue to work on my weaknesses. I won't give in to doubt and self-blame, worry or fear. Thar helps no one. I will keep fighting. I will keep seeking support and answers. One day at a time.

3 replies, 1177 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Roller coaster ride (Original post)
Lotusflower70 Jun 2018 OP
Tobin S. Jun 2018 #1
steve2470 Jun 2018 #2
proud patriot Jun 2018 #3

Response to Lotusflower70 (Original post)

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 11:46 AM

1. "I won't give in to doubt and self-blame, worry or fear."

That is key for your own well-being. I doubt that there is anything that you did to harm your son.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 12:58 PM

2. Hang in there, you're doing well from what you say

Your son will (or maybe already does) appreciate your steadfast support, despite the problems. I wish my mom had been more like you, but this is not my OP. Keep up the good work

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 12, 2018, 03:51 PM

3. I am experiencing the same

my 22 yr old is struggling with rage long diagnosed with bi polar .. dr's appt Friday .. some days are so hard
no words can express it .. sending you love ..

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread