HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Cooking & Baking (Group) » Peanut Butter Cookies Rec...

Thu Aug 5, 2021, 04:38 PM

Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe

Bit of a basic one this week, we're doing peanut butter cookies! It's a pretty simple recipe, and very tasty. We like to use real natural peanut butter because it's better for you (doesn't have hydrogenated oils) and tastes better. Also, we like to use crunchy peanut butter because we do like the texture with the chunks of peanut in the cookies.

Interestingly enough, the cookies do not spread at all while they're baking, which is why you want to do the traditional crossed-fork pattern on top. You want to spread it out with the forks so that they're cookie shaped when they're baked, otherwise they will stay mostly ball-shaped in the pan! Also, if you're going to freeze some for future baking, make sure you use the fork spreading before you freeze them.

3 replies, 514 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe (Original post)
Saviolo Aug 5 OP
MFM008 Aug 5 #1
no_hypocrisy Aug 5 #2
pansypoo53219 Aug 5 #3

Response to Saviolo (Original post)

Thu Aug 5, 2021, 05:10 PM

1. My mom

Made these.
Miss them and her.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 5, 2021, 05:46 PM

2. Try the Rx with your own Homemade P/B.

Easy to make and a kick of peanuts with every bite.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 5, 2021, 06:10 PM

3. the best + easiest peanut cookies i ever made, was when i crushed a bag of salted peanuts + added

them to my good sugar cookie recipe. when i made PB cookies(i have a good recipe) i made mini bite size ones.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread