HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Cooking & Baking (Group) » What's for Dinner, Wed., ...

Wed Nov 13, 2019, 04:44 PM

What's for Dinner, Wed., Nov. 13, 2019

Spanish omelette (potatoes, onions, green pepper, maybe a few chorizos crumbles).

The salad I found in a cookbook borrowed from the library: it has mixed greens, radicchio, sliced pear, red grapes, celery, and figs. Dressing is maple-mustard shallot vinaigrette and there is a crunchy on top: cornbread crumbs mixed with herbs.

The dessert is simple and it's only a 10-minute job to make it: Honey-roasted persimmons with vanilla and cinnamon.

-------------

Earlier in the day, the RG made vegetable beef soup in the slow cooker. We had that while watching the impeachment proceedings. Watched all of it!

3 replies, 448 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply What's for Dinner, Wed., Nov. 13, 2019 (Original post)
NJCher Nov 2019 OP
Luciferous Nov 2019 #1
MissMillie Nov 2019 #2
Wawannabe Nov 2019 #3

Response to NJCher (Original post)

Wed Nov 13, 2019, 05:09 PM

1. Having some leftover soup. The kiddo is having a veggie pasta dish. For dessert I baked

chocolate chip cookie bars.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Nov 13, 2019, 08:04 PM

2. chicken quesadilla

kind of tired today and didn't feel like doing very much prep or cooking. I used leftover chicken from Sunday Dinner.

Dad and Sis got baked haddock, baked potato, and steamed broccoli & carrots.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 13, 2019, 08:55 PM

3. I made a batch of chili

It is still simmering on the stove.

Earlier, I made chocolate fudge brownies and while at the store I picked up raspberry, dark chocolate chunk, ice cream and whipped topping to go on top.

My chili is tomato and beef broth based but has a bit of coffee and chocolate in it as well. Also, I always grind up a couple of tortilla chips finely and add that powder to thicken and lend a masa taste.

I have “taste tested” it and it is pretty good. Can’t wait to get at a bowl. Dessert will be much later!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread