HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Cooking & Baking (Group) » Ground Beef Recall, I'll ...

Sat Jan 25, 2020, 02:05 PM

Ground Beef Recall, I'll cross post to GD as well

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/health/ground-beef-recall-plastic/index.html

Raw ground beef recalled in nine states due to possible plastic contamination
By Madeline Holcombe, CNN
Updated 7:01 AM EST, Sat January 25, 2020

Snip--
One-pound vacuum-packed packages containing lot code "0060," case code "11402" and a use or freeze by date of "01/31/2020" on the product label are subject to the recall, the department said.

The products were produced January 6 and shipped to retail locations in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, FSIS said.

More at article

1 replies, 430 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ground Beef Recall, I'll cross post to GD as well (Original post)
irisblue Jan 2020 OP
Yonnie3 Jan 2020 #1

Response to irisblue (Original post)

Sat Jan 25, 2020, 03:34 PM

1. FSIS recall

WASHINGTON, Jan. 24, 2019 – Amity Packing Company Inc., a Chicago, Ill. establishment, is recalling approximately 2,020 pounds of raw ground beef products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically clear, thin pliable plastic, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

The raw ground beef items were produced on Jan. 6, 2020. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF only)]

1-lb. VACUUM-PACKED, packages containing “Pre 95% LEAN/5% FAT GROUND BEEF” with lot code “0060,” case code “11402” and USE/FREEZE BY date of “01/31/2020” on the product label.

The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 6916” printed on the right, front side of the package. These items were shipped to retail locations in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

<snip>

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive/archive/2019/recall-003-2020-release

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread