HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » Man adopts 18-year-old do...

Thu Mar 23, 2017, 11:16 AM

Man adopts 18-year-old dog: 'I couldn't let her spend 1 more night in the shelter'

Pet Adoption Saves Lives. Theirs and ours..

"At the age of 18, at the end of February, Julep the dog found herself in an animal shelter instead of at home.

Julep's person who'd loved her very much, for a very long time had just died. Family was unable to take care of the white-faced dog."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-hot/man-adopts-18-year-old-dog-i-couldnt-let-her-spend-1-more-night-in-the-shelter/ar-BByBRIl

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-hot/man-adopts-18-year-old-dog-i-couldnt-let-her-spend-1-more-night-in-the-shelter/ar-BByBRIl

6 replies, 3483 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Man adopts 18-year-old dog: 'I couldn't let her spend 1 more night in the shelter' (Original post)
LakeArenal Mar 2017 OP
Jonny Appleseed Mar 2017 #1
shenmue Mar 2017 #2
LakeArenal Mar 2017 #3
Stonepounder Mar 2017 #4
LakeArenal Mar 2017 #5
JudyM Mar 2017 #6

Response to LakeArenal (Original post)

Thu Mar 23, 2017, 11:28 AM

1. This is a really weird (creepy even) idea that I had so don't take it seriously but

don't you think less animals would be put down by shelters if the shelters euthanized them publicly, in full view of the populous? Adoptions would skyrocket.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 23, 2017, 11:52 AM

2. Bless the adopter

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 23, 2017, 11:58 AM

3. Whew, quite a concept..

It might, but hearts like mine would have 900 pets and hearts like "some people" it may become a Roman Coliseum thing with betting and cruelty.

Not sure I could handle it in any event.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 23, 2017, 01:36 PM

4. That's how we ended up with 5 dogs.

2 seniors, 1 middle-aged, 2 younger ones.
2 have diabetes, one is blind, one is blind in one eye, one came to us because he bit his owner (now he just loves to cuddle), one with a tendency to pancreatitis, one with a tendency to obesity, one with skin alergies,2 are grain intolerant. (Yeah, that's way more than 5, but several of them have more than one issue).

And we wouldn't trade a single one of them. We love them all to pieces and can't imagine life without them (Oh, and 2 came from puppy mills and 3 are rescues).

Don't shop, adopt!

Reply to this post

Response to Stonepounder (Reply #4)

Thu Mar 23, 2017, 04:20 PM

5. You are my hero.

Reply to this post

Response to Stonepounder (Reply #4)

Fri Mar 24, 2017, 01:09 AM

6. Just beautiful. Bless your heart and your family!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread