HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » Dogs show more than puppy...

Tue Jul 24, 2018, 11:14 AM

Dogs show more than puppy love. They'll try to save their owners.

Your dog may not pull you out of a well if you fall down one, but there’s a good chance it will open a door to help you if you are in trouble.

Researchers trying to figure out how much a dog will do to help its owner found that dogs will push open a door to get to their owners — but only if the dog is not too stressed out by the sight and sound of its owner seemingly in distress.

And the dogs seemed to be able to tell the difference between crying and humming. They pushed open a closed door much more quickly if their owners appeared to be crying, the researchers report in the journal Learning & Behavior

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/dogs-show-more-puppy-love-they-ll-try-save-their-n893896

2 replies, 671 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dogs show more than puppy love. They'll try to save their owners. (Original post)
douglas9 Jul 2018 OP
notdarkyet Jul 2018 #1
Duppers Jul 2018 #2

Response to douglas9 (Original post)

Tue Jul 24, 2018, 11:18 AM

1. My dog saved my life. She's gone now. I really miss her. I always could tell she loved me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to notdarkyet (Reply #1)

Tue Jul 24, 2018, 09:13 PM

2. All of mine have helped save my sanity.

They are the only people who love us more than themselves. Good dogs.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread