HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » Pets (Group) » Stray Cat Asks Man For He...

Mon Dec 3, 2018, 11:05 AM

Stray Cat Asks Man For Help -- And Won't Let Go

When Jason Belisha’s car broke down earlier this month it was inconvenient, but a small gray cat named Popeye couldn’t have been more grateful for the engine trouble.

Belisha was returning his rental car in Decatur, Georgia, when he heard a desperate meow in the parking lot. “I looked left and right and then finally under the car next to me, where I found the poor little guy soaking wet and all alone”.

Belisha beckoned the cat over and, to his surprise, the young stray showed no hesitation in approaching. He rubbed his face on Belisha’s hand, eager for attention. While rescuing an animal didn’t quite fit in with Belisha’s plans for the rest of the day, he knew he couldn’t leave the lonely cat behind.

“It's moments like this that I tell myself, ‘This must be happening for a reason,’” Belisha said. “And if I were a homeless kitten I would want someone to help me.”

Full story:
https://www.thedodo.com/close-to-home/man-saves-snuggly-stray-kitten-georgia-parking-lot

5 replies, 990 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Stray Cat Asks Man For Help -- And Won't Let Go (Original post)
left-of-center2012 Dec 2018 OP
marybourg Dec 2018 #1
ginnyinWI Dec 2018 #4
3Hotdogs Dec 2018 #2
libdem4life Dec 2018 #3
Judi Lynn Dec 2018 #5

Response to left-of-center2012 (Original post)

Mon Dec 3, 2018, 12:05 PM

1. I find the "shelter'"s response shocking.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to marybourg (Reply #1)

Tue Dec 4, 2018, 08:47 AM

4. me too.

I can understand their thinking: you have to get a kitten socialized to people by the time they are six weeks old, or they are likely to be difficult to adapt to being a pet.

However this kitten was obviously not feral. A stray who knew and wanted to reach out to people for help. A feral will not meow for help, and will most likely run away when approached.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 3, 2018, 12:11 PM

2. Looks like a Russian Blue

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 3, 2018, 02:43 PM

3. Oh goody, I get to be the first to say.....Squeee

(hope I spelled it right)

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 24, 2018, 05:48 AM

5. That picture says everything.The little cat really looks like he is trusting Jason with his life. nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread