HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Veterans (Group) » Pre dawn sleeping

Tue Jun 27, 2017, 06:15 AM

Pre dawn sleeping

Hey all on two fmla days here wife is traveling. Watching the son and three dogs, just one those mornings around 0300 I woke up and rolled back into the blanket. Surrounded by my domestic wolf pack it was storming and I drifted back into a hard but yet light sleep , kind you all remember being in field infantry. wrapped up in poncho liner sleeping but yet aware of what is going on around you. Laying there with radio mike next to your ear subconsciously picking up radio chatter. And you roll out sit up and your brothers are brewing coffee or chewing down on c rat or mre. Canteen cup gets passed around with shitty instant coffee light a cigarette brush your teeth, where we humping to today. And walking did you ever notice how you knew who that bro was from behind just way he wore his boonie hat or how his ruck was hanging or web gear. Just thoughts of a 51 year old from back porch this morning.

2 replies, 2019 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pre dawn sleeping (Original post)
TEB Jun 2017 OP
samnsara Jun 2017 #1
TEB Jun 2017 #2

Response to TEB (Original post)

Tue Jun 27, 2017, 06:56 AM