HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Race & Ethnicity » First Americans (Group) » Native Cinema Showcase: S...

Tue Nov 10, 2020, 10:23 AM

Native Cinema Showcase: Streaming Best Native Films Nov. 18 -- 27, 2020

The National Museum of the American Indianís Native Cinema Showcase is an annual celebration of the best in Native film. For this year's 20th-anniversary showcase, the museum presents the full program online ó streaming new films, fan-favorite classics, and conversations with filmmakers. The showcase provides a unique forum for engagement with Native filmmakers and stories from Indigenous communities throughout the Western Hemisphere and the Arctic.

https://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2020/11/native-cinema-showcase-streaming-best.html

3 replies, 1624 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Native Cinema Showcase: Streaming Best Native Films Nov. 18 -- 27, 2020 (Original post)
douglas9 Nov 2020 OP
Siwsan Nov 2020 #1
Deuxcents Nov 2020 #2
cilla4progress Nov 2020 #3

Response to douglas9 (Original post)

Tue Nov 10, 2020, 10:36 AM

1. I'm definitely going to try and watch 'Trudell'

I was so fortunate to meet John Trudell, years back. He was friends with some of my friends in the Native film community. The conversation was casual and we all took a lovely walk on the beach. It's one of my best memories.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Nov 10, 2020, 11:34 AM

2. It's Native American history month

PBS World has had some documentaries all week, so far. Iím very much enjoying them while learning about the many nations and their cultures. I wish I had been more aware in my younger years

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 10, 2020, 12:36 PM

3. Thanks much!

Bookmarking!!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread