HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » True Crime (Group) » Toronto serial killer ple...

Tue Jan 29, 2019, 01:35 PM

Toronto serial killer pleads guilty to eight counts of murder

Source: Associated Press

Toronto serial killer pleads guilty to eight counts of murder

Associated Press in Toronto
Tue 29 Jan 2019 17.54 GMT

A former landscaper accused of sexually assaulting, killing and dismembering men he met in Toronto’s Gay Village district over seven years has pleaded guilty to eight counts of first-degree murder.

Bruce McArthur, wearing a black sweater, stood up and said “guilty” eight times as the charges were read on Tuesday. Sentencing will start on 4 February.

Police last year found the remains of seven of the men in large planters at a property where McArthur had worked. The remains of the eighth victim were found in a ravine behind the same property in midtown Toronto.

The prosecutor, Michael Cantlon, said the cases involved sexual assault or forcible confinement and said the bodies were hidden and dismembered.

-snip-

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/29/bruce-mcarthur-toronto-murders-guilty-plea-killing-gay-men

3 replies, 534 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Toronto serial killer pleads guilty to eight counts of murder (Original post)
Eugene Jan 2019 OP
madaboutharry Jan 2019 #1
mr_lebowski Jan 2019 #2
livetohike Jan 2019 #3

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Tue Jan 29, 2019, 01:44 PM

1. What a sad story.

May they all now Rest In Peace.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jan 29, 2019, 01:56 PM

2. Wow never even heard of this case ... what a freaking asshole, jeez ... what is WRONG with people?

You'd think that even with it happening in Canada this would've gotten some real coverage in the US, but somehow I totally missed it.

Kinda glad of that I suppose. How utterly horrible. This is damn near Gacy/Dahmer-level shit right here.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 29, 2019, 02:19 PM

3. So sad. I don't remember hearing anything about this

either. Glad he was caught before he continued his murder spree.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread