HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Bicycling (Group) » First 2019 ride in today

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 10:42 PM

First 2019 ride in today

Got my first ride of the season in today.

I had surgery late last month to fix a torn meniscus in my right knee. I took my bike in about 1.5 weeks ago for a pre-season tune up and rode for a couple minutes around the shop's parking lot but it was still a bit painful then. Almost no pain today. Felt good to get out on the trail again today.

Since it's supposed to be nice and mid 60s going to probably go out again tomorrow afternoon for another ride.

2 replies, 583 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply First 2019 ride in today (Original post)
47of74 Apr 2019 OP
plimsoll Apr 2019 #1
47of74 Apr 2019 #2

Response to 47of74 (Original post)

Wed Apr 17, 2019, 07:19 PM

1. Took my youngest son out on friday

[link:|]

I lost an argument with a spider 6 months ago and broke my ankle. I've been riding inside since December, but this was my longest outside ride since September.

It's 22 miles and it took us 1:42:31. Not flying.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to plimsoll (Reply #1)

Wed Apr 17, 2019, 07:44 PM

2. I think my personal longest ride was about 13.5 miles

That was the Bear River trail near Preston. I think it took me just about two hours. I wasn't racing to get it done either. And it was a cool fall day so I was bundled up.

I did a 5.5 mile one yesterday that took me about 45 minutes along the Mississippi River. Of course there was stops to take pictures every so often. And a quick 2.5 mile 30 minute one over lunch break today. I did it then since we're having rain this evening.

I'm looking forward to doing the Bear River trail again. Parts of the trail are flooded now so have to wait for the water to go down a bit.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread