HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Recreation » Travel (Group) » The internet is a dangero...

Sun Sep 5, 2021, 09:48 PM

The internet is a dangerous and costly habit, thinking of Jamaica February 2022

Weather looks fantastic for February, average low 70, average high 86. A one week getaway from the cruel Indianapolis winter.

My husband and I are mid to late 50’s. We’re not really into the nightlife/bar scene. Relaxing and being pampered is more our speed. We previously spent 4 nights in Cozumel at Secrets, an all inclusive resort that we adored. We didn’t want a gay resort, just a place where we were accepted and made to feel welcome, and at Secrets that is what we found.

Been looking at Couples San Souci in Ocho Ríos. All inclusive, drinks and meals included in the cost. A bit pricey but our budget will allow.

My folks went to Jamaica yearly and stayed at this resort once or twice. They thought it was great.

Anyone care to comment on Couples, or suggest alternatives?

7 replies, 734 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply The internet is a dangerous and costly habit, thinking of Jamaica February 2022 (Original post)
Retired Engineer Bob Sep 2021 OP
viva la Sep 2021 #1
viva la Sep 2021 #2
VarryOn Sep 2021 #3
Retired Engineer Bob Sep 2021 #4
VarryOn Sep 2021 #5
Retired Engineer Bob Sep 2021 #6
VarryOn Sep 2021 #7

Response to Retired Engineer Bob (Original post)

Sun Sep 5, 2021, 10:10 PM

1. There's a great river falls near there

Dan's River Falls.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Sep 5, 2021, 10:11 PM

2. And I like all inclusive resorts.

They're like a cruise ship, but you're not stuck on the ocean.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 6, 2021, 12:11 AM

3. My wife and I went to the El Dorado Casitas Royale in Playa del Carmen...

for our honeymoon. We loved it! We were there seven days and never left the resort for the entire seven days. We stayed in the 'adults only' section, although there were hardly any kids in the open area. The facility was beautiful, except the beaches. But, the pools were great! We had seven days of awesome time spent laying out at at the pool, drinking, eating at their fabulous restaurants, and...well...you know! Lol

El Dorado prides themselves with their restaurants. They had American, Mexican, Chinese, Latin,and a couple others. We ate very well.

We reserved one of their casitas. They're detached from any other rooms, with very private patios (very good for private activities!), outdoor showers, Jacuzzis, and large pools that are shared with only about eight other casitas.

Reply to this post

Response to VarryOn (Reply #3)

Tue Sep 7, 2021, 08:03 PM

4. I've spoken to my travel agent

She came up with 6 options. All ok excellent, how to choose?

Two are in Mexico, both near Akumal. Scratched these off the list simply because we were in Cozumel 5 years ago and wanted to check out something different.

Two are in Punta Cana, two in Jamaica. Based on flawed gut feeling and reading reviews, we selected one from each location. Now to choose between the two.

My travel agent mentioned the beaches in Punta Cana are not as good as Jamaica. You mentioned beaches as well. Care to elaborate?

So it’s down to either Jamaica’s Excellence Oyster Bay, or Punta Cana’s Secrets Cap Cana. How to decide?

Reply to this post

Response to Retired Engineer Bob (Reply #4)

Tue Sep 7, 2021, 08:13 PM

5. Sure. The beaches weren't sandy at all. They were more...

lava-like. Plus, about 50 yards off-shore, they had these huge baffles.

Other than the beach, we really enjoyed El Dorado. The food was especially good.

Reply to this post

Response to VarryOn (Reply #5)

Tue Sep 7, 2021, 08:31 PM

6. Appreciate the reply

I was leaning to Jamaica. My husband seems to prefer Jamaica as well. So the decision is made, Jamaica here we come. Time to start listening to more Bob Marley.

Reply to this post

Response to Retired Engineer Bob (Reply #6)

Tue Sep 7, 2021, 08:43 PM

7. I've yet to go anywhere in the Carribean that I didnt love...

I'm sure you will love it. Of the places I've been, the Abacos in the Bahamas has been my favorite. But, I've loved every place I've been!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread