HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Religion (Group) » Christian Pastor: Greta T...

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 10:15 AM

Christian Pastor: Greta Thunberg "Needs Jesus" Since She's Possessed by Demons

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2019/12/18/christian-pastor-greta-thunberg-needs-jesus-since-shes-possessed-by-demons/

Anti-LGBTQ Pastor Kevin Swanson, a guy who once blamed Hurricane Harvey on the city of Houston having “a very, very aggressively pro-homosexual mayor,” isn’t happy that teenage activist Greta Thunberg was named TIME magazine’s “Person of the Year.”

He said on his radio show this week that the reason Thunberg has Asperger’s is because she’s been possessed by a demon, and the only cure is Jesus.

“She’s psychologically disturbed,” Swanson said… “I have to say there is something very disturbing about the appearance of and the presentation of this Greta Thunberg,” Swanson commented. “The other demonic spirits are using her to lead the world wherever it’s going.”

...It’s not surprising that a Christian bigot would say something nasty about a teenage girl, or ignore the issue she’s dedicating her life to fight, but remember that Republicans have no problem attending this man’s events. GOP presidential hopefuls were still going to his conference as recently as 2015. You can’t pretend this guy is on the fringe unless you’re prepared to say a large swath of the country is right there with him.

Faith-fueled anti-environment activism, I suppose.

10 replies, 858 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Christian Pastor: Greta Thunberg "Needs Jesus" Since She's Possessed by Demons (Original post)
trotsky Dec 2019 OP
Docreed2003 Dec 2019 #1
gordianot Dec 2019 #2
The Genealogist Dec 2019 #3
Major Nikon Dec 2019 #5
Mariana Dec 2019 #7
sammythecat Dec 2019 #8
lunasun Dec 2019 #4
Major Nikon Dec 2019 #6
edhopper Dec 2019 #9
Major Nikon Dec 2019 #10

Response to trotsky (Original post)

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 10:22 AM

1. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck him

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 10:25 AM

2. The most dangerous delusional creatures on Earth reside in American churches.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 10:25 AM

3. I have to wonder if this guy believes any of the nonsense he spouts

Or if it is wholly to keep the true believers in line. I mean, this is just silly and hateful.

Reply to this post

Response to The Genealogist (Reply #3)

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 11:53 AM

5. If you take away the silly and hateful, what is left?

These people submerse themselves in silly self-righteousness so they don’t feel bad about their hate.

Reply to this post

Response to The Genealogist (Reply #3)

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 12:47 PM

7. It really doesn't matter whether he believes it.

The vast number of true believers believe it. They give guys like this money, because they agree with the things they say.

Reply to this post

Response to Mariana (Reply #7)

Sat Dec 21, 2019, 04:41 PM

8. Right! It isn't him, it's them

They walk among us

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 10:28 AM

4. Janitor Jesus is coming to clean up the climate mess for them . No worries he will be here soon

I already knew all that but I will add to my knowledge some people think climate activists are filled with demonic spirits

Reply to this post

Response to lunasun (Reply #4)

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 12:02 PM

6. Not uncommon for religionists

Anyone who doubts what someone else is telling them must be influenced by the devil because that’s what someone else told them. Makes it easier to just dismiss those who disagree with you as some kind of “choir” and absolves you of any obligation to justify those ideas with critical thought.

Once you are convinced god is on your side it simply follows anyone who contradicts you must be working for the dude in the red suit and bifurcated tail. It’s a symptom of the systematic indoctrination many are subjected to from birth.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 21, 2019, 07:54 PM

9. There is a thread on GD that would claim

This pastor is not a true Christian. I would say he is all too true a Christian.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=12806340

Reply to this post

Response to edhopper (Reply #9)

Sun Dec 22, 2019, 12:41 AM

10. There's few things more Christian than the idea of demonic possession

Jesus pulled 2K of them out of one dude alone and sent them into a herd of pigs that promptly drowned themselves. Needless to say the town wasn't too happy about their pigs.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread