HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Astrology, Spirituality & Alternative Healing (Group) » I love acupuncture!

Mon Feb 6, 2012, 10:13 PM

I love acupuncture!

Does anyone else get it? We have a community acupuncture clinic here in Rochester, NY. Sliding fee scale--$15-$35 per session. Pay what you can, no questions asked. They have cured my arthritic hip pain, and a repetitive stress injury in my "mouse" arm. Working now on plantar fasciitis and a knee injury, and hoping for the same pain relief. I think this model may be the wave of the future, as conventional medicine becomes too expensive (for example: my insurance won't pay for physical therapy--which I respect a lot--unless I've had a hospital admission).

4 replies, 1818 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply I love acupuncture! (Original post)
Habibi Feb 2012 OP
davsand Feb 2012 #1
BlueIris Feb 2012 #2
Celebration Feb 2012 #3
Peregrine Took Feb 2012 #4

Response to Habibi (Original post)

Tue Feb 7, 2012, 12:01 AM

1. I used to trade tarot readings for acupuncture treatments.

It works. I have zero doubts about it after my own experiences with it and I have strongly urged people I know to give it a chance. If they have been open minded enough to give it a chance, they have seen equally good results. The one caveat I do offer, however, is make sure the person you see for your treatment actually has been well trained in its use. I really do not think this is entry level stuff.

I actually had a conversation about it with a neurologist and she told me they have no idea WHY it works, but they know it does. I kind of giggled a bit and asked her if she thought maybe they have used it for centuries in Asia for a REASON? Like maybe it works?

Laura

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 7, 2012, 01:50 PM

2. We have a place like that around here, which also offers a sliding scale of just that level.

I haven't tried it yet, because I keep getting...sidetracked. But I can't wait to see it.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 7, 2012, 10:19 PM

3. Yep love it

Though I haven't had it in awhile. They can help tons of stuff you wouldn't expect.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 8, 2012, 07:55 PM

4. Its a nice "1 - 2" punch to get the acupuncture along with Chinese herbs

so you can take it home and make "tea" every morning and night.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread