HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Astrology, Spirituality & Alternative Healing (Group) » I feel blessed! Tom Irwin...

Sun Mar 11, 2012, 03:35 AM

I feel blessed! Tom Irwin, who I used to play guitar with, sent me five CDs!

Last edited Sun Mar 11, 2012, 04:22 AM - Edit history (1)

Every Sunday night I would play at his open mic in Springfield. We performed together many times and I learned much from him. Hearing the old songs again, I'm restless and feeling like I'm about to get ready to travel again. Gotta keep truckin`!
I can't express how happy I am!

4 replies, 1711 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply I feel blessed! Tom Irwin, who I used to play guitar with, sent me five CDs! (Original post)
icymist Mar 2012 OP
Howler Mar 2012 #1
yellerpup Mar 2012 #2
icymist Mar 2012 #3
yellerpup Mar 2012 #4

Response to icymist (Original post)

Sun Mar 11, 2012, 12:23 PM

1. Oh! Hey Now!!!!! I enjoyed That!!!!

Very nice Icymist!!!! "New age witches that refused to burn" LOL! Now I would buy a c.d. from this artist!
I'm glad your getting back to your music IcyMist! I can't wait to hear what you play!!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to icymist (Original post)

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 12:42 PM

2. No wonder you are happy!

Isn't this sort of the "Springfield" sound? Loved the music and hope to hear your music soon.

Reply to this post

Response to yellerpup (Reply #2)

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 03:19 PM

3. No Way! There's a Springfield sound?

I always thought we were just writing songs and making music. Or do you mean that there are those who drink more beer than we do? I've been away for almost twenty years and I still managed to keep in touch. Thinking back on that thought, it would've happened anyway for, well just because. Huh. I just wrote a new song today... no words but the chords and melody. Going back to Springfield to play it someday. So yellerpup, who are you?

Reply to this post

Response to icymist (Reply #3)

Tue Mar 13, 2012, 04:13 PM

4. The music made me think of Arlo Guthrie

and Bob Dylan and also brought to mind the time we stopped for a bite to eat at Alice's Restaurant in Springfield. To me, that protest- poetic narrative lyric conjured up the 60s. These are exciting times and I think your return to your musical roots and making contact with the ones who inspired you in the past is/was inevitable. I, yellerpup, am a writer living just upriver a few miles from NYC. I gave up playwriting fifteen years ago and then last summer I finished a new play that literally channeled me. The play, Broken Heart Land is generating a lot of excitement within the mixed-blood Native American community. (I am originally from Oklahoma and a member of the Cherokee tribe.) I have a sense that for you and for me, we are merging back onto the path that was meant to be.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread