HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity (Group) » Mom apologizes to priest ...

Sun Apr 3, 2016, 01:55 PM

Mom apologizes to priest after son allegedly shoots him with pellet gun

Saw this story today;

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - The mother of an 11-year-old boy booked for attempted robbery and misdemeanor assault for allegedly shooting a priest with a pellet gun met with the priest on Friday.

Sixty-two-year-old Father Thomas Weisbecker was walking and praying near St. James Catholic Church at North 90th Street and Larimore Avenue just after 9 p.m. Wednesday. "What are you doing?" The boy shot the priest with the pellet gun and ran. The priest called 911 and a neighbor came out to protect him with a crossbow.

Then he came back and demanded money from the priest. He shot Fr. Weisbecker again when the priest said he had no money on him. The police later located the boy at his mother Laquacious Hilliard's house.

Her son now sits in the Douglas County Youth Center. "I'm not a mean mom. I do everything I can to help my children, support my kids in the best way possible, but this right here, I'm not going to support."

"To the priest I do want to apologize." So Hilliard went to talk with Father Weisbecker. "That's very courageous for a mother to turn in your son and say he's been doing something bad. I really applaud that. That's a very high character person. I really think highly of her. I'll move on. I pray for him."

I give props to the mother for what she did here. I hope the kid turns his life around.

0 replies, 1105 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread