HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Science » Weather Watchers (Group) » Severe weather predicted ...

Sun Nov 4, 2018, 03:05 PM

Severe weather predicted for several states on Election Day.

Vote early if you can.

"This yearís midterm election features an intensity usually reserved for a presidential race. In parts of central and eastern United States, a major storm system may add a wrinkle to this high-stakes contest.
The storm is set to rapidly develop Monday into Tuesday as it travels from the Southern Plains to the Great Lakes region. Numerous states could be hit by heavy rain and even some tornadoes."

"However, storms that form should be fairly short-lived, which should limit the overall impact on Election Day voting outside the hardest-hit communities."

"Beyond the potential for severe storms on Election Day, pockets of heavy rain could deter voters from the Great Lakes through the Tennessee and Ohio Valleys and into the Northeast. In addition, winds will be very gusty over a large area from the south central United States through the Great Lakes as the storm cranks up."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2018/11/02/severe-weather-likely-election-day-major-storm-develops-central-eastern-us/?utm_term=.f52efdc0f94b

3 replies, 1055 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Severe weather predicted for several states on Election Day. (Original post)
BigmanPigman Nov 2018 OP
murielm99 Nov 2018 #1
SCantiGOP Nov 2018 #3
SCantiGOP Nov 2018 #2

Response to BigmanPigman (Original post)

Sun Nov 4, 2018, 03:15 PM

1. I'll drive anybody who is afraid of the weather

and shelter them with my umbrella. I will give them tea, coffee or cocoa if they get cold. (I hope that is not considered a bribe).

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to murielm99 (Reply #1)

Sun Nov 4, 2018, 03:17 PM

3. That's not a bribe

Itís extortion: Vote Dem and Iíll give you your country back.

Reply to this post

Response to BigmanPigman (Original post)

Sun Nov 4, 2018, 03:15 PM

2. I'm driving elderly Republican voters to the polls on Tuesday

It will be about a 2 1-2 hour drive in the rain, but I plan to drop them all off in the Okefenokee Swamp.

(just kidding, only driving Dems on Tuesday)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread