HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Science » Weather Watchers (Group) » Cool Looking Group

Sun Oct 20, 2019, 05:00 PM

Cool Looking Group

I'm a delivery driver for a big box home improvement store, so the weather is a big deal to me as I'm out and about delivering lumber, sheetrock, etc... I'm also a "Weather Underground" (TWC) junkie. I suspect a lot of that has to do with Alex Wilson...

I'll be checking in here often!!

2 replies, 1046 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cool Looking Group (Original post)
Zaphod42 Oct 2019 OP
mitch96 Oct 2019 #1
Zaphod42 Oct 2019 #2

Response to Zaphod42 (Original post)

Mon Oct 21, 2019, 11:50 AM

1. Weather junkie here too...

I monitor the front of the house and back of the house temps and dew points often. Local TV station has live radar which is great.. So Fla has some nasty quick storms and hurricanes I like to monitor. I also monitor it before my morning walk to see if I'm gonna get rained on.
I have a love/hate relationship the Wx channel.. aka the gloom and doom channel. A gnat farts in Africa and they start talking about the next upcoming storm and when is it gonna get a name.. I usually watch the Wx channel in the AM during hurricane season to see where the next blow is coming from. As for daily info I use the Wx Underground web site for the areas I'm interested in.. NOAA wx is ok but has too many popups.. Ventusky.com is good to get a graphic look at the wind fields.. All them little arrows just a floating around.. neat..
Other than that I look out the window
m

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mitch96 (Reply #1)

Mon Oct 21, 2019, 03:37 PM

2. I hear ya!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread