HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » OPINION: Our country's fu...

Sat Apr 2, 2016, 08:19 PM

OPINION: Our country's future is brighter under a Sanders presidency

By ENRIQUE E. FIGUEROA

I was a political appointee in the second Clinton administration. It was an honor and privilege to serve our country in such a senior position, and I forever will be thankful and loyal to President Bill Clinton.

I was a supporter of Hillary Clinton in 2008, as well as during the beginning of 2015, but I no longer can be her supporter. Why? Integrity, money, electability and Sen. Bernie Sanders. This has been a quite difficult decision for me, but it is the right decision, and one that I hope others make as well.

"I don't like her, I don't trust her, but I got to vote for her," is what I hear from my good friends and fellow Clinton voters. Until now, I felt I had to vote for her because of my loyalty to her husband and to the "establishment" that I was a part of during my service in our nation's capital, but given that I champion integrity to my students, I cannot do what my fellow voters may do.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion/our-countrys-future-is-brighter-under-a-sanders-presidency-b99698790z1-374338361.html

7 replies, 1771 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply OPINION: Our country's future is brighter under a Sanders presidency (Original post)
noretreatnosurrender Apr 2016 OP
noretreatnosurrender Apr 2016 #1
Uncle Joe Apr 2016 #2
noretreatnosurrender Apr 2016 #3
Uncle Joe Apr 2016 #4
noretreatnosurrender Apr 2016 #5
CorporatistNation Apr 2016 #6
CharlotteVale Apr 2016 #7

Response to noretreatnosurrender (Original post)

Sat Apr 2, 2016, 09:17 PM

1. More from this piece

Finally, it should be clear that the Latino vote is not disproportionately in Clinton's camp, even though the media may want us to believe such an assertion. Large numbers of Latinos supported Sanders in Nevada, Colorado, Michigan, Illinois and Arizona.

So, it is with some trepidation out of respect and some fear from my good friends and Clinton supporters that I wrote this piece, but it is one that I had to write. Our country's future is brighter under a Sanders' presidency

Enrique E. Figueroa, Ph.D. is associate professor and director of the Roberto Hernandez Center at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Apr 2, 2016, 09:59 PM

2. Kicked and recommended.

Thanks for the thread, noretreatnosurrender.

Reply to this post

Response to Uncle Joe (Reply #2)

Sat Apr 2, 2016, 10:14 PM

3. You are welcome

It was a nice piece wasn't it?

Reply to this post

Response to noretreatnosurrender (Reply #3)

Sat Apr 2, 2016, 10:22 PM

4. It was an excellent piece.

Peace to you, noretreatnosurrender.

Reply to this post

Response to Uncle Joe (Reply #4)

Sat Apr 2, 2016, 10:23 PM

5. And to you

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 2, 2016, 11:28 PM

6. No Rocket Science Required Here... Exponentially Worse Under The Clinton Banner One Would Think?

?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread