HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » The One Line From "A...

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 04:35 AM

The One Line From "America The Beautiful," That Romney NEVER Sings, NEVER recites -for good reason-

Romney is fond of singing and reciting verses of the 1893 poem “Pikes Peak,” written by Kathy Lee Bates, that is today known as “America the Beautiful.” There are two lines from that poem however that he never recites, he never sings.

Till selfish gains no longer stain,
The banner of the free!

I can’t help but believe that Mrs. Bates took inspiration for those lines from the example of Jesus throwing the money changers out of the Temple. Romney avoids those two lines because they are a damning indictment of his life and his vision of America. Mitt Romney is a modern day money changer looting the temple of Democracy. He is not one of us. He is not for us. He does not stand with us.

8 replies, 3172 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply The One Line From "America The Beautiful," That Romney NEVER Sings, NEVER recites -for good reason- (Original post)
mikekohr Oct 2012 OP
Surya Gayatri Oct 2012 #1
Firebirds01 Oct 2012 #2
FailureToCommunicate Oct 2012 #3
Firebirds01 Oct 2012 #4
FailureToCommunicate Oct 2012 #5
mikekohr Oct 2012 #6
Firebirds01 Oct 2012 #7
mikekohr Oct 2012 #8

Response to mikekohr (Original post)

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 06:24 AM

1. This goes for him and all his plutocrat buds:

"Mitt Romney is a modern day money changer looting the temple of Democracy."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mikekohr (Original post)

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 06:31 AM

2. But they think

they are the most altruistic of all americans. They will spit in your face and think you should thank them because they could have done worse.

Reply to this post

Response to Firebirds01 (Reply #2)

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 06:52 AM

3. Welcome to DU!

(You've been busy!)

Reply to this post

Response to FailureToCommunicate (Reply #3)

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 06:58 AM

4. We have computers

at the local Obama HQ. I log on while we are doing some of the phone bank organizing. Hence the number of posts.

Reply to this post

Response to Firebirds01 (Reply #4)

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 07:10 AM

5. Bravo. I'm headed there momentarily.

Reply to this post

Response to Firebirds01 (Reply #2)

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 09:16 AM

6. The Hell With You 47%er's

Mitt Romney, the son of power and privilege, was born on third base, thinking he hit a home run. His vision of America is a sugar coated, Ayn Rand, survival of the fittest philosophy of “I got mine, the hell with you 47% ‘ers.”

We need a President and leaders in Congress that will represent all of America. We do not need leaders like Romney and Ryan that are ready to write off ˝ the people of this nation. President Obama and our Democratic leaders in Congress will strengthen and preserve Medicare and Social Security the two most successful poverty prevention programs in history. We should never forget that every single House Republican voted to replace Medicare with a coupon, and they will kill Social Security if they get a chance.

Reply to this post

Response to mikekohr (Reply #6)

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 09:27 AM

7. they will kill Social Security if they get a chance.

Remember, it was Paul freakin' Ryan who proposed AND was the driving force behind Bush's attempt to privatize social security. Dead serious.

Reply to this post

Response to Firebirds01 (Reply #7)

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 03:46 PM

8. My 401K dropped by 62% Under George W. Bush

If my Social Security was in the market I would be working until I am 174 years old or until I drop dead. Which ever came first.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread