HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Clinton/Warren 2016

Thu Jul 21, 2016, 03:01 PM

Clinton/Warren 2016

But I have to ask, why is no one talking about Gavin Newsom? Sure, you're probably thinking "but Janey, HRC has Cali in the bag". Ok, but he's a progressive Lt. Gov of a state that is the worlds 6th biggest economy, which would put Pence in his place at debates, he's very pro-lgbt and pro-woman, which would put Pence in his place at debates, he's young and charismatic, which would put Pence in his place at debates, did I mention he's 2nd in charge of a state that is the worlds 6th biggest economy? Gov.Pence has nothing on him.

Also, what is Trump going to do, start dissing California? He would lose every blue state and every swing state attacking an ultra-successful ultra-diverse state that contributes more to America's GDP than any other. Every celebrity in the world would also shred him (being Cali is their home). Another plus is, Gavin is very comfortable around media and interviews. He's great on Bill Maher and he does a great job promoting and defending liberal values.

Clinton/Newsom 2016?

5 replies, 1387 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Clinton/Warren 2016 (Original post)
JaneyVee Jul 2016 OP
Eric J in MN Jul 2016 #1
JaneyVee Jul 2016 #2
Qutzupalotl Jul 2016 #3
johara Jul 2016 #4
Expecting Rain Jul 2016 #5

Response to JaneyVee (Original post)

Thu Jul 21, 2016, 03:09 PM

1. Newsom has never had a federal job and never been a governor. NT

NT

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Eric J in MN (Reply #1)

Thu Jul 21, 2016, 03:11 PM

2. Neither has Trump.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 21, 2016, 03:24 PM

3. Gavin Newsom would be a solid pick

and would make this former Bernie guy happy. He's young enough to take over after Clinton. He's charismatic and more importantly, articulate. He will be on Bill Maher tonight after the Trumpfest.

What we need is another articulate spokesperson for progressive values who can excite the base. Warren would help heal any lingering rift, but the same could be said for people like Gavin Newsom and Sherrod Brown. I'm much less enthused for Vilsack or Kaine.

Fingers crossed...

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 21, 2016, 05:08 PM

5. Please never call our state Cali.

Cali is a city in Colombia. Not a nickname for California.

Clinton Warren 2016!!!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread