HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Why the hell doesn't the ...

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 10:34 AM

Why the hell doesn't the HC campaign get out the portions of the Comey hearings when he

had to clarify or backtrack on his responses made earlier in his testimony? They, the media keeps on playing the portions that make it seem like HC was lying when there is video that clarifies what she said there and on her FOX interview. A side by side video would clear it up. I sure hope it comes up in the debates so that she can prove her point with Donald. right on the stage. Are there any honest journalists out there at all?

12 replies, 740 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to glennward (Original post)

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 10:39 AM

1. I agree

... and I don't agree with others who recommend that she simply say "I made a mistake" and move on.

It only takes a few words to say that Comey backtracked during the hearing and none of the e-mails had a classified marking in the header according to him.

It reminds me of Kerry trying to push aside the "voted for it before voting against it" nonsense instead of simply saying that the details of the bill had changed and affected his vote.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 10:42 AM

2. Don't count on any debates. Trump is already making excuses and lying at the same time.

I'd wager to say that the Clinton campaign is already planning on releasing a counter to those hearings.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 10:43 AM

3. there's no good way to talk about that issue, it's best as seen in the rear view mirror nt

Reply to this post

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #3)

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 10:52 AM

6. I think they want it in the rearview mirror, but in reality it's not.

This is one issue which is always brought up by people who claim to be on the fence. Many friends on Facebook point to this as proof that Hillary is a liar. The Dems really need to deal with this before moving on. Particularly because they are in the right, and have proof to show this.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 10:45 AM

4. "i know itís not true, but letís make the sonofab**** deny it"

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/i_know_its_not_true_but_lets_make_the_sonafabitch_deny_it_a_loaded_politica

this is an old quote attributed to lbj. some politician, allegedly, asks his campaign manager to circulate a rumor that the opponent is a pig f*cker. the campaign manager say we can't do that, it's not true. the politician then gives the punchline above.

this is the problem candidates have responding to false accusations. mostly, they just perpetuate the story.

mostly it should be the job of surrogates to laugh at the lies and be outraged at the lies and to question the honesty and trustworthiness of the accusers and the rumormongers.

the candidate usually does best to try to stay personally out of it.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 10:46 AM

5. THANK YOU !! They started this on MSNBC this morning but its like they weren't prepared for this...

... already?!!

They know DAMN WELL the M$M is going to keep up a false meme!!!

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 10:55 AM

7. Research is hard work, and interns don't always do a good job!

The campaign is working to push back this morning on MSNBC. Early today MSNBC was pimping the poorly researched "Four Pinocchios" rating that didn't take Comey's testimony into account.

Just now, Tamron Hall ran the early Comey clip from the hearing (the one that confirms Comey's skewed narrative), and the Clinton surrogate called Hall out for not showing Comey backtracking and dissembling under later questioning by Democrats.

The TV stars who shape the story lines of what used to be "the news" are still using the "troubling questions about the dishonest Hillary Clinton" script that they were instructed to pimp last year.

They got ratings with that script. They instilled fear and distrust by running that script 24/7. They don't know how to walk it back. They're not sure if they want to walk it back. President Trump would be great for ratings!

The importance of a functioning press is so fundamental to the well being of a democracy that it is enshrined in the Bill of Rights. The press no longer cares about that responsibility. They "report" what helps their careers by advancing the narrative. They should be ashamed.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 11:14 AM

8. They should play the parts about Hillary being truthful...

...she did not lie. Comey was asked - directly - if she lied and Comey said no. She said she didn't send classified email - that's true. Later and mislabeled classified email passed thru means Trey Gowdy can frame a question in a way which makes it seem like Hillary is telling lies. He does not ask, "Did she lie?" but asks in a different way... lawyerly. Everyone does not have a law degree, unfortunately.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 11:18 AM

9. Mrs. Greenspan just showed the four pinnochios graphic on MSNBC

MSNBC has been pushing the Hillary = liar meme all morning. The odious Mrs. Greenspan (among those who felt slighted by the young couple from Arkansas when they took up residence in the White House in the early 90's) is never going to forgive the country bumpkin upstarts who didn't want to be besties.

Reply to this post

Response to lapucelle (Reply #9)

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 11:37 AM

10. And that is the problem with no challenge. Guess I will have to wait of Joy.

Reply to this post

Response to glennward (Reply #10)

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 12:12 PM

12. I was a bit surprised that Tamron Hall didn't do a better job.

She's been great on calling out the nonsense.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 1, 2016, 11:46 AM

11. Why indeed?!! After the hearing, I thought "Great she's vindicated."

But then the media never talked about that hearing again. (I can't remember, was there some other big news story that day?).

I understand that they want a close race, but come on people...cover the frickin' news!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread