HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » So, is it a bad thing tha...

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 05:50 AM

So, is it a bad thing that we got our hostages back from Iran? Ask their families.

Paying giving back their own money and getting our hostages released is ok by me.

3 replies, 464 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply So, is it a bad thing that we got our hostages back from Iran? Ask their families. (Original post)
glennward Aug 2016 OP
Hortensis Aug 2016 #1
no_hypocrisy Aug 2016 #2
Hortensis Aug 2016 #3

Response to glennward (Original post)

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 05:58 AM

1. Yes, but I wouldn't support the notion that

we purchased their hostages. We did not.

Iran needs that money, and the $1.3 billion in interest still to be paid, very, very badly, and arriving at that agreement after 35 years unquestionably encouraged them to accept agreement on the other two of the three negotiations, the huge one the seven-nation nuclear deal, the other one the hostages.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Hortensis (Reply #1)

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 06:03 AM

2. To Trump, two random events can be equated with a "deal".

Reply to this post

Response to no_hypocrisy (Reply #2)

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 06:26 AM

3. And anyone who wants to believe it, for sure.

There's no end to those, but lies are lies. Including that Hillary gave Iran $400 M in ransom for 4 hostages. The case was in the Hague for 35 years, she was SoS and got the nuclear deal negotiations started, and she was no longer SoS when these 3 agreements were negotiated.

Just wish the people ranting in eager, satisfied outrage on other forums could see themselves for just one day as they are.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread