HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » From the man who said tha...

Wed Aug 10, 2016, 05:41 AM

From the man who said that he could probably shoot someone and get away with it and still get votes

a statement like he made about Hillary is pretty clear.

2 replies, 557 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply From the man who said that he could probably shoot someone and get away with it and still get votes (Original post)
glennward Aug 2016 OP
livetohike Aug 2016 #1
DetlefK Aug 2016 #2

Response to glennward (Original post)

Wed Aug 10, 2016, 06:00 AM

1. There better be some action against Trump today and

not just words.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to glennward (Original post)

Wed Aug 10, 2016, 06:48 AM

2. I don't think it was a call to kill Clinton.

I think it was tasteless joke, a throwaway-line to rile up the people. I bet he doesn't realize that there are things a Tea Party whacko is allowed to say but that a presidential candidate is not allowed to say.
Because it's a bad thing for a presidential candidate to say things that would sully and damage the integrity of the position of the President of the United States itself.

Same with his invitation for Russia to find Hillary's emails by hacking them. I think, he doesn't realize that he's a political figure now.
There just are some things you cannot say as a presidential candidate or as a President because they would damage the USA and their reputation.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread