HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Military trials for U.S. ...

Sat Aug 13, 2016, 12:02 AM

Military trials for U.S. citizens "would be fine" with dipshit donnie

Yep, I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned more today. This is another in the long list of is he really that clueless things he has said. In a interview with the Miami Herald he said he would be okay with that. He did hedge some on it. So the apologists will be out on this. I think he really needs Mr Khan's copy of the Constitution plus all federal laws.

Quoting from Miami Herald

"A President Donald Trump might push for Americans accused of terrorism to be tried in a military tribunal at the U.S. Navy base at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, the Republican nominee told the Miami Herald on Thursday.

“I would say they could be tried there, that would be fine,” Trump said in a brief interview ahead of his speech to home builders in Miami Beach.

Under current federal law, it’s illegal to try U.S. citizens at military commissions. Changing the law would require an act of Congress."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/donald-trump/article95144337.html#storylink=cpy

Just to make sure the link which auto copied makes it. Here is the Heralds page.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/donald-trump/article95144337.html

4 replies, 603 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Military trials for U.S. citizens "would be fine" with dipshit donnie (Original post)
duncang Aug 2016 OP
madaboutharry Aug 2016 #1
SummerSnow Aug 2016 #2
duncang Aug 2016 #3
forgotmylogin Aug 2016 #4

Response to duncang (Original post)

Sat Aug 13, 2016, 12:14 AM

1. He is utterly ignorant and

seems perfectly fine with being so.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Aug 13, 2016, 12:26 AM

2. Well damn, how stupid. he doesn't know a damn thing

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 13, 2016, 12:36 AM

3. Replying to my own thread

But I wonder what the freeperville sovereigns would think about that. Maybe he would send a few of them down to gitmo to stand trial there. Maybe Bundy? They'd love that idea.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 13, 2016, 10:21 AM

4. I would say they could be tried there...

...that would be fine."

That's a response to a question someone doesn't know the answer to or care about. "Should we move this plant to the patio?" "I'd say you could try that. That would be fine."

I'm not sure Trump grasps the enormity of what he's saying. I don't think he's being evil, I think he's being clueless!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread