HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Post-ABC poll finds tight...

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 11:28 AM

Post-ABC poll finds tight presidential race, with mixed reaction to FBI’s review of Clinton emails

Last edited Sun Oct 30, 2016, 03:29 PM - Edit history (2)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/30/post-abc-poll-finds-tight-presidential-race-with-mixed-reaction-to-fbis-review-of-clinton-e-mails/

Republicans' growing unity behind Donald Trump has helped pull him just one percentage point below Hillary Clinton and placed GOP leaders who resist him in a vulnerable position, according to the latest Washington Post-ABC News Tracking Poll.

A majority of all likely voters say they are unmoved by the FBI's announcement Friday that it may review additional emails from Clinton's time as secretary of state. Just over 6 in 10 voters say the news will make no difference in their vote, while just over 3 in 10 say it makes them less likely to support her; 2 percent say they're more likely to back her as a result.

snip

The Post-ABC Tracking Poll continues to find a very tight race, with Clinton at 46 percent and Trump at 45 percent among likely voters in interviews from Tuesday through Friday, followed by Libertarian Gary Johnson at 4 percent and the Green Party's Jill Stein at 2 percent. The result is similar to a 47-45 Clinton-Trump margin in the previous wave released Saturday, though smaller than found in other surveys this week. When likely voters are asked to choose between Clinton and Trump alone, Clinton stands at 49 percent to Trump's 46 percent, a margin that is still statistically insignificant.

snip

538 Rating

11 point swing in less than a week

http://www.langerresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/1184a82016ElectionTrackingNo8.pdf

Great news is that Pennsylvania appears to be holding at 8 point lead, which is huge as a PA flip to the shitgibbon changes so much

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/10/30/key-battlegrounds-tight-clinton-maintains-eight-po/

15 replies, 2641 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Grey Lemercier (Original post)

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 11:29 AM

1. This is horrifying. We can spin it all we want but James Comey did some of the damage

that he set out to do.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to StevieM (Reply #1)

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 11:37 AM

5. I also think the ACA insurance premium premium increases

and the Wikileaks shit that showed 116 million USD steered to Bill took a toll too. The MSM is hellbent on making this as tight as possible.

I am absolutely not concerned at this point that Hillary will win, but the Senate races effect could be bad news.

I remain extremely optimistic in terms of POTUS race.

Reply to this post

Response to Grey Lemercier (Reply #5)

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 01:48 PM

7. I am concerned that Trump could win. And I am also concerned that McMullen could win.

If he takes Utah, and neither candidate gets to 270, then the House will almost certainly elect him as president.

And McMullen would just be another George W. Bush.

Reply to this post

Response to StevieM (Reply #7)

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 02:09 PM

12. Why would house elect McMullin president?

Trump supporters would go nuts.

Reply to this post

Response to LisaL (Reply #12)

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 03:16 PM

14. First of all, given the chance to have a Republican in the White House, I think they would take it.

Second, I suspect that Hillary would immediately drop out and both parties would quickly settle on McMullen.

This whole thing so disgusting though. Hillary had the election won. Comey and the GOP are trying to steal it....and I am scared that they are about to succeed.

OK, I am leaving right now to go canvas.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 11:48 AM

6. We can't say that yet, there would have been little information available by the time that Letter

was made public.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 02:07 PM

9. I disagree with your interpretation. Those 34% were Trump voters anyway. I doubt this moves the race

at all.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 11:30 AM

2. Haha, the USA's public is sick and tired of the bullshit e-mail crapola.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 11:33 AM

3. The polls tightened before the emails

Probably because of the Obamacare increase and the way the media covered it. Republicans coming home...Most respondents said emails would not change their vote.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 11:35 AM

4. Old tape

I've said this elsewhere but I think it's mostly due to the massive effect of the p***y tape wearing off. We were never going to win by those massive margins.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 01:56 PM

8. I wonder why they didn't sort them by candidate support.

They don't present whether or not the individual was previously support Trump or Clinton, which could be a much more important aspect. If that 30% is backing Trump, the effect of the Comey announcement is minimal.

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 02:09 PM

11. Bullshit.

Time to trash another thread if not a forum.

Reply to this post

Response to duffyduff (Reply #11)

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 02:49 PM

13. What is bullshit? It is just a straight news piece on one of the top polls.

If you question the methodology take it up with the Washington Post, ABC News and Nate Silver (As he rates it A+).

You also are ignoring the fact I said the it is still almost impossible for Trump to win due to the EV votes.

see this post I did regarding this

http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512552418

Reply to this post

Sun Oct 30, 2016, 03:26 PM

15. Trump still can't win

The Senate might be off the table, but I'll take it as long as the orange anus doesn't become our president.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread