HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » I saw the President in NH...

Mon Nov 7, 2016, 09:15 PM

I saw the President in NH today

and it was a wonderful experience. The whole thing...parking half a mile away, lining up, going through security...was fun. I had a wristband to stand on the floor, but wisely took the front-row seat I spotted instead. I was directly across from the podium.

I didn't know we were going to be treated to a Ken Burns speech, and honored with speeches from Gabby Giffords and Mike Kelly. Maggie Hassan got a very enthusiastic welcome, as did several other NH candidates for office.

Although I've seen President Obama speak on TV many times of course, it was almost a spiritual experience to see and hear him in person, joking about Trump's twitter being taken away (while making his point about the nuclear codes) and reminding us --Don't boo --VOTE! His sincere praise of Hillary drew the biggest cheers.

Even the parking lot jam and traffic afterwards and the long drive home were worth it. It was a good day.

4 replies, 729 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I saw the President in NH today (Original post)
Croney Nov 2016 OP
HipChick Nov 2016 #1
cilla4progress Nov 2016 #2

Response to Croney (Original post)

Mon Nov 7, 2016, 09:17 PM

1. 2nd that...in person is an amazing experience..

There will never be another like him...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Croney (Original post)

Mon Nov 7, 2016, 09:18 PM

2. Beautiful

Somthing special going on. Let it translate to a win for Hillary...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread