HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Anytime a Republican trie...

Thu Dec 1, 2016, 01:20 PM

Anytime a Republican tries out the old 'makers vs takers' argument in the next 4 years..

Show them this image from Brookings institute.

Our observation: The less-than-500 counties that Hillary Clinton carried nationwide encompassed a massive 64 percent of America’s economic activity as measured by total output in 2015. By contrast, the more-than-2,600 counties that Donald Trump won generated just 36 percent of the country’s output—just a little more than one-third of the nation’s economic activity.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2016/11/29/another-clinton-trump-divide-high-output-america-vs-low-output-america/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=metro

5 replies, 2456 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anytime a Republican tries out the old 'makers vs takers' argument in the next 4 years.. (Original post)
aidbo Dec 2016 OP
underpants Dec 2016 #1
Fast Walker 52 Dec 2016 #2
brewens Dec 2016 #3
smirkymonkey Dec 2016 #4
Buckeye_Democrat Dec 2016 #5

Response to aidbo (Original post)

Thu Dec 1, 2016, 01:24 PM

1. I heard this on the radio and that's exactly what I thought too

Rec'd

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 1, 2016, 01:48 PM

2. that was always been a dumb argument, but this or logic won't stop them from using it

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 1, 2016, 02:22 PM

3. Don't forget that ol' Earl out there working at the farm co-op owes his living to all those

fine productive people that buy the food they grow out there.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 1, 2016, 02:27 PM

4. K&R

I've always hated that argument. I have even heard it working at various jobs (the people in sales talking about the people in other departments. If it wasn't for the rest of us you jackasses, you would have nothing to sell!)

Reply to this post

Response to smirkymonkey (Reply #4)

Thu Dec 1, 2016, 02:35 PM

5. Yep.

I don't like to generalize, but I've generally disliked the salespeople where I've worked.

They got paid pretty well for sitting on their butts most of the time too, mostly because managers considered them "essential" for sales and helping the bottom line. Well, that's true in a sense, but it was often hard to understand how those people were successful salesmen at all given their arrogant personalities.

Oh, well. There's bigger problems out there.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread