HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Our campaign lost the ele...

Sat Dec 10, 2016, 11:14 AM

Our campaign lost the election. But Trumps team must own up to how he won.

Source; Washington Post Opinion page, by Jennifer Palmieri

Jennifer Palmieri was communications director for Hillary Clintonís presidential campaign.

A good bit of the post-election analysis has centered on what our campaign should have done differently. Thatís appropriate. We should think long and hard about why we lost. Trust me, we have.

But itís also important for the winners of this campaign to think long and hard about the voters who rejected them. I havenít seen much evidence of such introspection from the Trump side. Thatís concerning.

I donít know whether the Trump campaign needed to give a platform to white supremacists to win. But the campaign clearly did, and it had the effect of empowering the white-nationalist movement.

Trump provided a platform by retweeting white nationalists ó giving their views an audience of millions. Views previously relegated to the darkest corners of the Internet also had a platform on Breitbart, the website of Trump campaign chief executive Stephen K. Bannon. ďBefore Trump, our identity ideas, national ideas, they had no place to go,Ē said Richard Spencer, president of a white-nationalist think tank that held a post-election conference in Washington. Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke said this fall, ďThe fact that Donald Trumpís doing so well, it proves that Iím winning.Ē

Read it all at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/our-campaign-lost-the-election-but-trumps-team-must-own-up-to-how-he-won/2016/12/07/4a6a4c24-bcbd-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?utm_term=.b5074ac98a68

1 replies, 1012 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Our campaign lost the election. But Trumps team must own up to how he won. (Original post)
yallerdawg Dec 2016 OP
Guilded Lilly Dec 2016 #1

Response to yallerdawg (Original post)

Sat Dec 10, 2016, 12:00 PM

1. The Cretin's team won't own up to anything.

They don't have to. There are no repercussions, there is no accountability. They do not represent anything close to a majority of actual voters or civil responsibilty because they don't CARE.

You cannot analyze them using the same factors you use in dealing with those embracing decent values.

It has gone way beyond that point of discourse.

It is a whole different ballgame... played in a Thunderdome.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread