HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » The Big Cons newest cabin...

Wed Dec 28, 2016, 11:27 PM

The Big Cons newest cabinet member...Hispanic

Amid criticism that Trump's incoming administration lacks diversity, the search has intensified to have a Hispanic in a prominent role.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-hispanic-cabinet-233020

2 replies, 1610 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Big Cons newest cabinet member...Hispanic (Original post)
pbmus Dec 2016 OP
Liberty Belle Dec 2016 #1
pbmus Dec 2016 #2

Response to pbmus (Original post)

Thu Dec 29, 2016, 12:01 AM

1. Abel Maldonado may not be a bad pick.

I remember during the recession when California's legislature was deadlocked over a budget, Maldonado was the ONLY Republican to cross over and vote with Democrats for a budget that raised some taxes to help shore up the state's finances. He had signed a no new taxes pledge and was ostracized by the Republican party for a while after casting that deciding vote.

He's considered a moderate by Republican standards and is the son of farmworkers. Having him in charge of Agriculture might be better than oh, say, a Monsanto executive or God knows who else Trump could come up with if not Maldonado.

At least the man has some backbone, and has been willing to buck the GOP before to do something decent, more than can be said of most Trump nominees.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Liberty Belle (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 29, 2016, 12:03 AM

2. Agree, that is who I would recommend ..

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread