HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Reich Wing Wreck the Econ...

Tue May 5, 2015, 06:57 PM

Reich Wing Wreck the Economy, Democrats Repair It, Rinse, Repeat

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/05/the_ludicrous_myth_of_republican_fiscal_responsibility_a_history_lesson_for_the_modern_gop/

snip:
Over the past three decades, the Republican party has followed a familiar strategy get elected to executive office by preaching fiscal responsibility, make a complete mess of things fiscally, and then, when a Democrat comes in to clean up the mess, blame them endlessly for not fixing it fast enough. We see this currently, with the insipid Republican candidates blaming President Obama for our current debt level, despite the fact that Republican policies, like cutting taxes for the wealthy and putting two wars on the credit card made it all possible.

Raygun and his ilk foul the bedding. Toss the sheets to the Democrats and complain when the laundry is cleaned fast enough.

2 replies, 885 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Reich Wing Wreck the Economy, Democrats Repair It, Rinse, Repeat (Original post)
kairos12 May 2015 OP
NoJusticeNoPeace May 2015 #1
BlueMTexpat May 2015 #2

Response to kairos12 (Original post)

Tue May 5, 2015, 07:14 PM

1. 100% accurate, but NOBODY on the right will EVER believe it.

while we wait for the stupids and the idiots to die off due to evolution, we have to try and educate those with minds that are not closed

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kairos12 (Original post)

Wed May 6, 2015, 05:17 AM

2. Just one comment about confusion ...

for me at least.

When I first saw your headline, I thought of our beloved Robert Reich, who is about as far from your "Reich" allusion as it is possible to get and it didn't make sense.

I had to backpedal a bit ... about 70 years!

(Sorry - my math sucks ...!)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread