HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » New Ras poll (according t...

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 09:11 AM

New Ras poll (according to Talking Point Memo's Poll Watcher) FWIW:

Romney: 47%
Obama: 43%

What's his drug of choice over there? Must be some good stuff.

I went to the Rasmussen site to try to find a link but can't find one for this particular poll (for 8/8/12). It just showed up on my iPhone notifications. As with any poll from Ras, I wouldn't put much stock in it but just thought I'd pass it along in case the Republicans and corporate media start bringing it up throughout the day.

15 replies, 2452 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Proud Liberal Dem (Original post)

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 09:15 AM

1. Let Rasmussen disqualify himself for subsequent elections

I am looking forward to Rasmussen keeping this up. When the actual election results turn out to be vastly different, his Republican clown status will be solidified, having screwed up the 2010 Congressional elections by having a Republican biased and by being inaccurate. Let him pretend Romney is ahead by 4%. We won't hear from him in 2016 if that's the case.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 09:16 AM

2. Delusions

Who are they trying to kid with this crap? Even for Rasmussen these numbers are crazy with the horrible week/month Romney has had and is having. Their credibility was already shakey. Now you have to think just the opposite of what they put out.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 09:25 AM

3. It's going to get a lot worse

a lot more "ominous"-polls will be skewed to cause "sheeple" to follow the percieved crowd following/supporting Romney--It's all a game.

Far too many people that don't keep themselves informed just "go w/the MSM flow" because they are still so uninformed they still have trust in the "news"...

The "drug of choice" is likely Cash Money.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 09:26 AM

4. Why the Fuck you have Ras Polling on your IPHONE anyway do yourself a favor

Take that rightwing shit off there

Reply to this post

Response to bigdarryl (Reply #4)

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 09:28 AM

6. I don't have Ras polling on my phone

It showed up on Talking Point Memo's Poll Watcher app. They post all new polls as they come in from multiple sources (including, unfortunately, Ras)

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 09:27 AM

5. As with all other things GOP, it's about money

The GOP pollsters (and it's not just Rasmussen - for example: FOX, Purple Strategies, We Ask America, etc) have to keep it close. Otherwise, the money dries up. Using multiple GOP biased pollsters is important because the different pollsters each get to put their finger on the scale to offset the unbiased results in polls-of-polls and keep it close.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 09:34 AM

7. He just tries to set a narrative so Fox has something positive to say about Romney.

Reply to this post

Response to MidwestTransplant (Reply #7)

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 09:44 AM

8. It may have been a response to the devatating Reuters/Ipsos poll

Rasmussen likes to "neutralize" realistic polls by coming up with ones that reveal contrary results.

Reply to this post

Response to Marzupialis (Reply #8)

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 09:46 AM

9. IOW

they like "going rogue"!

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 09:48 AM

10. How is this not proof that this guy is biased as shit?

He uses likely voter modules from 2010 (when basically only the angry white people of this country voted) and then throws in a few more percent Republicans.

Jackass.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 10:49 AM

11. We can watch them boomerang back to us in October.

My vague recollection from '08 is that they pushed McCain hard, spitting out outlier results all summer long, then spent most of October pulling back to reality so that they could be commended for their dead-on prediction on October 31, 2008.

What would be much more interesting to me would be to discover that they didn't adjust to reality in October, 2004, but instead continued producing outlier polls that, surprise!, turned out to be the "actual" results. I would be interested, but not surprised at all.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 11:17 AM

12. Isn't Rasmussen a Rightwing Outfit?

Didn't their last poll before Election Day have McCain beating Obama by 4 points? Correct mee if I'm wrong.

Reply to this post

Response to Canadian 2 (Reply #12)

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 01:21 PM

15. Actually Ras's final 08 poll had it pretty close to what it was...

52-46 for Obama

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/02/latest-presidential-polls_n_140177.html

But that is because in the final weeks Ras revises his forumla so that he can claim he was accurate despite being inaccurate for months prior to that so that they could give the GOP positive talking points.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 11:23 AM

13. Absolute corporate push poll horseshit. Obama is ahead in all other polls. PISS on THIS.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 9, 2012, 01:16 PM

14. Who cares? Ras is always out of the mainstream until a month before the election

then he repositions himself to make it look like his results were always in line.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread