HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Has Mitt "snatched d...

Sat Aug 11, 2012, 11:05 PM

Has Mitt "snatched defeat from the jaws of (maybe) victory" again?

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/mitt-romney-ryan-budget.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

Lemme see if I get this straight: Romney announces Ryan as VP but then quickly turns around and says that he's NOT going to run on the Ryan budget and that they are both going to come up with something different............to be announced at some future date......................

I wonder if that was a fastball that he threw right over the teabaggers' heads and did any of them notice it? Picking Ryan was undoubtedly done to get the teabaggers firmly on board- because they (and Grover Norquist) love his "serious" budget- but then he also comes out quickly and tells everybody he's not going to push it and come up with.........something else, so what's he going to have accomplished in the end but make the teabaggers mad at him again? I mean, they all went apoplectic the moment his spokesperson acknowledged the existence of "Romneycare". I wonder what they will do when they find out that they've been "had" again by Romney? The Dems are still presumably going to run on the Ryan budget which, in light of this latest statement by Romney is going, to put them in a vice by forcing them to cough up what their new "plan" is going to be and/or disavowing Ryan's budget. Seems to me that Romney has boxed himself in...........again.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

4 replies, 1187 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Has Mitt "snatched defeat from the jaws of (maybe) victory" again? (Original post)
Proud Liberal Dem Aug 2012 OP
WI_DEM Aug 2012 #1
Doctor Jack Aug 2012 #2
cheezmaka Aug 2012 #3
RBInMaine Aug 2012 #4

Response to Proud Liberal Dem (Original post)

Sat Aug 11, 2012, 11:14 PM

1. No, he's snatched bigger defeat from the jaws of defeat.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to WI_DEM (Reply #1)

Sat Aug 11, 2012, 11:33 PM

2. Well said n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 11, 2012, 11:43 PM

3. When the people for the details of their new "plan"

they should still ask for Romey's tax returns as well...

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 12, 2012, 12:26 AM

4. He has turned a defeat into a worse defeat. The "THEY WANT TO KILL MEDICARE" ads need to go up NOW !

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread