HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » How alike are Hillary and...

Mon Oct 26, 2015, 04:46 PM

How alike are Hillary and Bill Clinton's policies?

Would a Hillary Clinton administration be a return to the 90's, or would Hillary be more progressive in some areas, maybe less in some, and maybe the same in others?

2 replies, 497 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply How alike are Hillary and Bill Clinton's policies? (Original post)
hedgehog Oct 2015 OP
tularetom Oct 2015 #1
stillwaiting Oct 2015 #2

Response to hedgehog (Original post)

Mon Oct 26, 2015, 05:06 PM

1. If she would return to the 90's and undo some of his awful policies I'd support her

He is one of the reasons I don't support her now. I don't want that guy anywhere near the presidency ever again.

And don't bother to tell me she's a "strong independent woman" and she doesn't need him. Every time her lack of charm, charisma, or people skills gets her in a jam, she'll trot him out to lay some of his good ol boy bullshit on the voters.

She can't have it both ways.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to tularetom (Reply #1)

Mon Oct 26, 2015, 05:45 PM

2. She hasn't really criticized Bill's most egregious "accomplishments". And,

the story is already there for why she won't reverse the damage that Bill ushered in. He's her HUSBAND for God's sake. How could she reverse her husband's legislative "accomplishments".

I'd rather have someone as President that wouldn't face that dilemma. Although for HRC, I don't believe it's a dilemma. She supported what Bill did at the time, and I believe she doesn't want to change what he "accomplished" so there's no real dilemma for her.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread