HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » History of Feminism (Group) » Ut°ya vs. Paris

Mon Jan 12, 2015, 09:34 AM

Ut°ya vs. Paris

So, I asked this a bit more polemically in GD, but I'm curious for people's thoughts here.

77 people died in an explicitly anti-feminist massacre not too long ago in Norway. I suppose Islam is (perhaps wrongly) reified in a way that anti-feminism isn't (though try telling that to the Norwegian students). I'm sure I'm just the naive male here, but is this comparison really impossible to make for people?

1 replies, 850 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ut°ya vs. Paris (Original post)
Recursion Jan 2015 OP
seabeyond Jan 2015 #1

Response to Recursion (Original post)

Mon Jan 12, 2015, 09:40 AM

1. an OP asking what image would you murder for. i thought the obvious answer was, no one would murder

over image. i contend that no one would murder, and allow criminal system to deal with issue. i really did not take the question seriously. my bad. i guess we were really suppose to say why we would murder.

but. i said.

this this and this

lead to murder. and it was feminist images. i absolutely see a connection on the ugly being the cause of womens deaths. that is important to me. i see the magazine generating hate. the same that is done with women. i saw deaths. always wrong. i see women like me and others on du being reduced to rape and death, because we challenge this shit. women on line being chased from their home, with their family, because someone threatens to murder them because they said something. nowhere will i condone speech to death.

i find this part of the issue very interesting. now in GD we are being told we are not allowed to address this. that means we condone violence and murder.

it is a very fluid argument and cannot be real rigid in thinking. it is a very huge issue we live today. what we are brainwashing our kids with. ourselves. that is affecting our behaviors.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread