HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » History of Feminism (Group) » well, this is pretty sad

Fri Jan 30, 2015, 03:44 PM

well, this is pretty sad

More UA, ASU Students Joining Sugar Daddy Sites and That's a Good Thing? Posted By Maria Taracena

At first, I thought this email was to inform me that it's terrible more female university students are joining websites to connect with sugar daddies—men, usually way older who may or may not be married, who'll pay for your stuff in exchange for your "company"—but then I kept reading, and realized the email was more of a "GOOD NEWS! Here's a great option to pay for school and get rid of debt!"

The email was sent to me by a representative from the site seekingarrangement.com. She said that with Arizona's unemployment rate being higher than the national average, how the hell else are students, particularly women, going to get by while getting a higher education or applying for jobs?

more including a really stupid video ad here - http://www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2015/01/29/more-ua-asu-students-joining-sugar-daddy-sites-and-thats-a-good-thing

1 replies, 1065 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply well, this is pretty sad (Original post)
Kali Jan 2015 OP
nomorenomore08 Jan 2015 #1

Response to Kali (Original post)

Fri Jan 30, 2015, 10:01 PM

1. In the age of 5-6 figure student loan debts, I see this as sadly inevitable, even if undeniably

sleazy and messed-up.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread