HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Health » Mental Health Information (Group) » April is Stress Awareness...

Tue Apr 26, 2022, 01:05 PM

April is Stress Awareness Month

Each year since 1992, April has been recognized as Stress Awareness Month.

SSM Health Psychologist, Dr. Laurel Kramer said when it comes to tackling stress, one of the first things to focus on is figuring out what your red flags are. She said since COVID, all age groups experience stress over a variety of things, but everyone has different triggers.

According to Kramer, there are two kinds of stress, overstressed and burnout. The signs of being overstressed include being more tired than normal, unmotivated, and even a little depressed. On the other hand, burnout comes from living with high stress levels for a longer period of time. Kramer said burnout is a stress that has reached a higher level to where it impacts sleep and can heighten the feelings of anxiety.

If you find yourself displaying signs of being overstressed or burnt out, Kramer suggested hitting the pause button.

https://krcgtv.com/news/local/april-is-stress-awareness-month-04-26-2022

2 replies, 367 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply April is Stress Awareness Month (Original post)
Sherman A1 Apr 26 OP
2naSalit Apr 26 #1
elleng Apr 26 #2

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Tue Apr 26, 2022, 03:35 PM

1. Now you tell me!

No wonder I've been stressed out all month.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Tue Apr 26, 2022, 03:44 PM

2. Poetry too: April is the cruellest month,

breeding Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing Memory and desire, stirring Dull roots with spring rain. Winter kept us warm, covering Earth in forgetful snow, feeding A little life with dried tubers.

The Waste Land
BY T. S. ELIOT

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/47311/the-waste-land

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread