HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Media » Good News (Group) » On the road for 23 years

Sat Nov 16, 2013, 10:52 AM

On the road for 23 years

Like many other adventurous young people, Ottawa’s Mike Bown set out to see the world when he was 21 years old.

“At the start I was just travelling because I wanted to to find more wilderness areas and experience different animals and nature," he said.

"Then I realized that people are equally interesting, if not moreso, so I guess I just got hooked onto travel and once I got into Asia I couldn’t stop. I had to see the whole planet.”

Twenty-three years and 195 countries later, Bown is back in Canada with journals full of stories and the same backpack he left with.

More with lots of amazing pictures here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2499853/Mike-Spencer-Bown-worlds-traveled-man-finally-heads-home-23-years.html

What an adventure. He has the distinction of being the first tourist ever in Mogadishu. He hitch-hiked and camped, slept in cheap hotels and stayed with locals whenever possible. Now he hopes to write a book about his journey.

0 replies, 703 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread