HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Media » Good News (Group) » Little boys that could te...

Sat Nov 23, 2013, 11:20 AM

Little boys that could teach men how to treat one another. (warning for awesomeness)

In case you missed it in GD, this from warrior1

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024080572

3 replies, 881 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Little boys that could teach men how to treat one another. (warning for awesomeness) (Original post)
antiquie Nov 2013 OP
In_The_Wind Nov 2013 #1
NYC_SKP Nov 2013 #2
JayhawkSD Nov 2013 #3

Response to antiquie (Original post)

Sat Nov 23, 2013, 11:43 AM

1. That's a great bunch of kids!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Nov 23, 2013, 11:51 AM

2. Wow. Our culture doesn't nurture this kind of behavior, unfortunately.

But these boys went with their natural instinct, the protective and defensive instinct that is beaten out of kids in our competitive culture.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 23, 2013, 12:02 PM

3. That's awesome.

When I played high school football our coach was into having the team do this sort of thing, looking for opportunities to support people who needed the help that those bigger and stronger could provide. He was into teaching his players that our size and strength was not given to us for our own benefit, but to be used for the team, the communbity and for others. It was not a religious thing; he was not even a church goer as I recall. It was a social issue.

When a tornado hit a small town just south of up he rounded up the footabll team and drove us in a school bus to go down and help in rescue operations. Attendance was not optional.

That these kids did this on their own is really cool, but they had guidance somewhere. Someone, somewhere, set them an example. I wish we could know who it was.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread