HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Media » Good News (Group) » Born without a hand, pres...

Thu Dec 19, 2013, 12:56 PM

Born without a hand, preschooler gets a Robohand for Christmas from high school robotics team

The robotics team from West Catholic High School gave a 4-year-old Cedar Trails Elementary student the right hand she never had on Thursday, Dec. 19.

"I'm going to paint them (nails) pink," said Harmony Taylor with a big smile as she pulled on each finger of her customized Robohand and strolled around the school media center, getting a feel for the device and using it.

Using it, she easily picked up the gift bag from the West Catholic students who made the device. It included a bottle of pink nail polish.

"I am so excited because this is going to make her more independent," said her mother, Melanie Peterman, who said Harmony was born with a condition called limb differences that resulted in her not having any fingers on her right hand.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/12/cedar_springs_preschooler_gets.html

1 replies, 1023 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Born without a hand, preschooler gets a Robohand for Christmas from high school robotics team (Original post)
UrbScotty Dec 2013 OP
Stuart G Dec 2013 #1

Response to UrbScotty (Original post)

Thu Dec 19, 2013, 08:25 PM

1. great story.....thanks..

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread